Saturday, June 25, 2011

High School Reunion Weekend

I had my Bandon High School Class of 2001 reunion on the weekend of June 10, 11, & 12. My friend Amy had been planning and coordinating for months to make sure everything was perfect. She did a GREAT job! Out of 58 official graduates, 36 of them attended the reunion. Wow!!  

The festivities started with a "pre-celebration" at McFarlin's Pub Friday night.




Saturday was the "Main Event": a potluck picnic at Bandon City Park.

Gathered around the stage to watch a slideshow that I made. I can't upload the slideshow to the blog because it's not the right format, but you can see a somewhat blurry version of it here.

We had an amazing amount of really great food!

Of course, Macy had a blast meeting all these new people and getting to play with so many other kids.

After the picnic and clean-up (btw, even the clean-up went smoothly!), most of us walked over to the softball field for the next event, the class softball game.






Aside from getting my standard softball bumps and bruises, it was a lot of fun and everyone enjoyed themselves.

Saturday evening was left open so that everyone could take a break and eat dinner with their families or in their own little groups, which I thought was really smart! Then we all gathered back up for a bonfire on the beach around 9 pm.




Group photo that I'm not in because I had already gone home to relieve the babysitting grandparents. Morgan actually stayed there (with my permission) and partied on with my classmates. :)


The festivities roared on as long as the fire did, into the early hours of the morning. So it was no surprise that only 7 of us showed up for the group breakfast Sunday morning. 

In summary, the reunion was a HUGE success, and we will be counting down the days until the next one!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what's with that white font box at the end.. I couldn't get rid of it!

    ReplyDelete