Monday, April 25, 2011

California

Last weekend, me, Jake, and his girlfriend, Shayla, took a quick trip down to Arroyo Grande, California to visit my mom and grandparents. (Morgan had to work.) We flew down, stayed a couple days, and drove back up in my Lancer that has been parked at my grandparents' house for several months now. Ah, it's good to have Lance back!

Macy has been on a lot of road trips in her short little lifetime, but this was her first plane ride and she did fantastic! The altitude changes didn't seem to bother her at all and there was no crying (but plenty of squirming). Even though Macy was a perfect angel for the most part, it would have been a whole different adventure if Jake and Shayla hadn't come. Traveling with an infant is a lot of work! I was so glad to have them there with me to help out with her.  Here are some photos of the journey:

Helping mom pack
Cheeeese

Avila Beach

We found a nice place in the shade for vampire baby
Macy with Grandma Rista
Shayla & Jake

The weather was great but the water was still very cold
This was about as much water as Macy would tolerate
Pretty sunset at grandparents' house
Boyd, mom's pet robin
Apparently I missed a spot with the sunscreen!
Pismo Beach

Ha ha, great shot of Macy! (she was asleep)
I can't believe I didn't get any photos of grandma and grandpa! Oops.

Driving home

 ...Aaand we're home again...

No comments:

Post a Comment