Monday, April 25, 2011

Poor baby

Shortly after we got home from California, Macy started displaying some general "cold-like" symptoms-- runny nose, cough, fever (I never actually caught a number on a thermometer, but it was obvious based on how warm she was), etc-- which I kept passing off as her teething. When she started getting really lethargic (She spent a couple of days in bed for all but a few hrs/day) and fussy, I began to think there might be something else going on. Then on Friday, she woke up from her nap with a rash on her face and torso, so I called the doctor. The nurse told me that I should probably go to the after-hours clinic either tonight or tomorrow morning to have her looked at. Meanwhile, I took some pictures of the rash and texted them, along with her symptoms, to a friend of mine who is a pediatrician in Portland. He told me that her symptoms and rash were consistent with a viral infection called Roseola (and then he passed the pics around to some other pediatricians, who concurred), and that as long as the fever is under control and she is taking fluids and peeing, she should be better in a few days. Gotta love technology (and having friends with medical degrees)!  Sure enough, she toughed it out through the weekend (more to come on that) and woke up this morning bright-eyed and ready for action!  Here are  some pics of her rash:


No comments:

Post a Comment